Two different technologies are used, GPS (global positioning system) or Laser Positioning
Each has it benefits and selection is often a matter of choice by the user.
- wearable style ie watch
- line of site not necessary as satellite positioning is utilised. However the device or user must be outside and not in any building or under cover.
- object detection is the green (front, middle or back).
- accuracy is dependant on the satellite.
- easy use.
- power supply is by rechargeable internal battery.
- handheld style.
- line of sight to the target is essential.
- object detection is generally the pin or flag, but equally can be a hazard or tree of anything else that is visible to the user.
- units or measurement either metres or yards, device selected.
- accuracy is dependant on the laser but is generally +/- 1 metre or yard.
- ease of used requires a steady grip.
- power supply is via a replaceable battery